JHT is seeking a 2D artist to join our tech data management and training team in Orlando, FL. This team is engaged in the development of technical publications and training materials for DoD clients.
POSITION LOCATION: Orlando, FL
Direct Supervisor: 2D Art Lead, Program Manager
Candidates will be expected to apply a solid understanding of digital illustration principles and capabilities to create line art for use in technical publications, following the latest military standards for line weight, font style, etc. Candidates will also be required to utilize Photoshop to create images for use in training media, consisting of editing and collaging photos, and creating informational diagrams. Candidates must possess experience via either independent work or school projects. Must present an online portfolio of relevant 2D artwork for consideration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Use photographs, technical drawings, and other reference material to create and modify line art
2. Adhere to military standards (provided) in the creation of all 2D line art assets
3. Work with technical writers to provide artwork that illustrates the text with callouts, leader lines, and exploded views when necessary
4. Use provided 3D assets, when available, to create line art by rendering from appropriate programs
5. Use existing photographs as source files to create collages
6. Modify existing photographs when necessary to remove or add elements
7. Use Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator to create informational design elements, such as diagrams and conceptual illustrations
Security Clearance: SECRET, or capable of obtaining and maintaining US Department of Defense (DoD) secret security clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required.
Education / Experience:
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia and Animation, Computer Animation, Digital Arts and Design, Game Art, or equivalent education and experience with a minimum of three years of digital illustration training.
1. Proficient with Adobe Illustrator (preferred) or Inkscape
2. Proficient with Adobe Photoshop (preferred) or related software
3. Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a proactive nature
4. Ability to work in a team and to integrate director feedback quickly
5. Flexible to changes in production and able to shift focus between a range of tasks
6. Ability to finish tasks within a given timeframe
Preferred, but Not Required Skills:
1. 3D modelling skills